TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

2002 gmc sierra 4.8 4wd, does that count? blew 2 brake lines

Customer Question

2002 gmc sierra 4.8 4wd, does that count?
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: blew 2 brake lines prior to the electronic hydraulic control unit, repaired those with new line and compression fittings
JA: Have you checked the fluid? How old are the brakes?
Customer: then changed all four calipers, rotors, and pads
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: original problem was brakes were hanging up, loss of power, pedal kickback
Category: GMC
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

how can I help you today ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yah hey, feels like abs is kicking on or something when I come to a stop
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Blew two lines before the abs control valve, one from m/c, one to front wheel, repaired, bled, same issue

Have you performed the ABS bleed procedure with a scanner yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Replaced all four calipers, rotors, and pads, but not bleeding right,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still getting pedal kick back at almost stop
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a cheap hand scanner and no I didn't know I had to do anything with abs, can you please tell me about that procedure!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When bleeding it is barely pulling fluid though the line with vacuum so pedal is still sponge too, calipers installed on correct sides

You will need a more advanced scanner to do the procedure and it does a full self bleed in the ABS system, and I would not use those compression fittings, ive seen them pop off and leak all the time, the best way is with a brake flare kit and a connector to ensure a tight fitting and safe operation

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Alright yah thanks

Doing the vacuum method will suck air in the system, I would try the 1 person bottle and tube method to make sure you get a good bleed

I typed a different message before the vac comment about the abs bleed did you get it ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

ok good, yeah let me know how all of that works out, I would fix those line do the re bleed and then go to a shop to get them to bleed it, should only cost you 1/2 hr labor if that.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Hows it coming?