TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

2010 GMC Acadia 3.6L. I have problems with noise from the

Customer Question

2010 GMC Acadia 3.6L. I have problems with noise from the power steering pump or the rack&pinion but the thing is that I only hear it inside the vehicle, outside with the hood open I don't hear it. The sound is not loud, is a small humming sound. It all started when I change the valve cover gaskets and removed the oil reservoir, I did had to add oil when installed back. What type oil you recommend on this vehicle?
Category: GMC
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

When you filled the P/S system what fluid did you use?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Regular power steering fluid, I tried to bleed the system and drain the old oil at the same time. I unplug the small inlet hose and plug the reservoir letting the large return hose in the reservoir, next I put the inlet hose in a gallon bottle to collect the old oil and at the same time adding New power steering oil until all or most of the old oil drain. I plug the hose back but same noise, is really not a loud noise but it does worry a little.

thats takes specific G/M fluid, I have sent a picture of the fluid, Valvoline has some out the is compatible, but Gm specified fluid is bet used, I would recommend getting some of that and exchanging it out, you may save the pump