shawn patrick
shawn patrick,
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I have a 2001 2500 sierra with a 8.1 L with a allision

Customer Question

I have a 2001 2500 sierra with a 8.1 L with a allision transmission I know it not a economy machine but was getting 12-14 mpg now only 7-8mpg have done tune ups flusjes and all to engine then my GM service might want to reprogram Tranny thought about it decided to do it went back and had thsame tech say it can't be done. whats the answer for reals??
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far? Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: wasnt planning on it just want to know if it can be done and if i can do it I'm game...
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: GMC
Expert:  shawn patrick replied 12 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as the phone calls are concerned they do cost more and I am not the one asking for or pushing for a call the website is.

If you can I would monitor the 02 sensors, after years of abuse their readings begin to slow down and effects how the computer reads, another few things to look for is coking on the throttle body, that should be cleaned to a like new state, and a MAF cleaning, with MAF spray

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i have done all that my question can the transmission have bad habits

As far as the reprogram is concerned, you wont know if the trans will accept it unless you have it pulled up to the dealer computer, some will take a new program and some are already at their max programing, like2.3 2.45 2.5 for example

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thank you

Sure thing, let me know if you have any other questions

Expert:  shawn patrick replied 7 days ago.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much . This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.