Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I have a 2010 GMC Acadia. The air conditioner seems to be

Customer Question

I have a 2010 GMC Acadia. The air conditioner seems to be blowing coolish air on the drivers side and warm air on the passenger side. I look and both fans are running and I can hear the compressor kicking on and off. Any advice
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: Just added a little coolant, doesn't appear to be any leaks
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I re charged the ac
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: GMC
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Does the temperature change we you turn the dial?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it does cool down some
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thank you on the live call
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

I understand. How is the air volume? Is there sufficient air coming through the vents? Just trying to get a better understanding.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Air flow is at full capacity
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Just a moment, please.

Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

The issue that you are having is likely going to be with the temperature door actuator. These components are responsible for changing the temperature when command by the hvac module. The issue is likely to be the actuator(s), but can also be the control unit itself. You will need to have these component inspected to verify this. I am attaching location information for the actuators along with the removal procedures for both sides.

Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

Here, I am attaching description information for you on the temperature delivery.

Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

I am suspecting the issue to be in the actuators. Test can be confirmed with a capable scan tool. Here is the electrical circuits, just in case.

Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
not likely a fix I can do myself. Thanks
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

It's not very difficult to replace the actuators. I have attached the replacement information. Although, you will need to have the circuits inspected with a scan tool in order to confirm and guarantee this issue.

Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.