Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Glow plug 5 goes out with in 2 to 3 days after replacement,

Customer Question

Glow plug 5 goes out with in 2 to 3 days after replacement, replaced glow plug controller twice and still have the same problem
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2007 gmc sierrs classic
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Orignal problem was bad glow plug so I had a local shop replace all injectors and all glowplugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just this has been going on for a month.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the glow plug wiring to #5 and see if this wiring is found to be damaged or shorted in any way causing this fault here.Inspect the wiring at and leading from the glow plug control unit as well for any issues.If a fault is found it will need repaired.If no issues are found let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete