Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have been getting the "Stabilitrak system off...service

Customer Question

I have been getting the "Stabilitrak system off...service brake system" message and the red emergency brake ligh and yellow traction light comes on. Every since it came on the first time I have noticed the front end is rough....like something is loose in the engine.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: no...I don't think we have
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: i can do that on my lunch at the local gas station. It is the GMC Acadia 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have a friend mechanic that does maintenance on it but doesn't know what it wrong with it now. I am just going to go get the brake fluid checked today.. i can start there
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i commute and hour every day. this car has been in the shoppe a lot :( all similar stuff.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jason Hablutzel replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today on your gmc. Have you had it scanned for any dtc codes? Also when you speak of the rough feeling are you talking about a brake shake when applying the brake pedal usually will be noticed when coming off the interstate? I have also seen a few issues with the brake master cylinder leaking into the brake booster which will cause the lights to come on and will also cause the brake pedal to make a squeak noise on apply. You will also notice low fluid, I would also check that. Check the fluid and also there should be a sensor at the bottom of the brake booster below the master cylinder I would reach down and pull that sensor out and see if any fluid runs out if it does then that will be your problem. Let me know what you find after you check those few things.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Thank you. I will have that checked today/tonight and get back to you.

OK

Did you find the issue with your Gmc? Do you need any further assistance?