GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

Dealer had my truck for 10 days checking elec malfuctions,

Customer Question
dealer had my truck for...
dealer had my truck for 10 days checking elec malfuctions
JA: What is the model of your '10 GMC?
Customer: 2014 gmc 1500 so I go pick the truck up and I start truck and Alt gauge starts in centre then drops almost to the first line. There is 14 centre then first low line and high line. I took picture. Then shut truck off wait 5 minutes start trk back up gauge stays at 14 for 5 mins then drops back to almost first line. I then drive al the way home 45 mins from dealer and gauge never moved.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: They checked all that for 10 days and said nothing is wrong with the truck ?I have relayed all this info to 2 of my friends who are mechanic,s and the first thing they said was the battery must have a dead spot in it. dealer service guys said no to replace.The truck has only 78000 on it and I also have the extended warranty but they DO NOT PAY unless they find something wrong !!! I just purchased this truck and do not even have 2000 klm,s on it. frustrated
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its a 1500 4.3 and no I will not touch it with having to had paid $2,700.00 for extra warranty
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GMC
5/11/2017
GMC Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Since you are not planning to diagnose yourself. What exactly are you asking of me to say or help you do?

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic