Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

Had to get a jump, the batterie is not quite 4 mo. old. no

Customer Question

Had to get a jump, the batterie is not quite 4 mo. old. no radio & rarly have to use lights. This happened once before & that's why I got a new one. Made a clicking noise, then a ticking noise. Took the jump immediately.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It only happened once before on the old battery. This is first time on new battery. Years ago I'd say it was the silanoid [misspelled] noise seems like it's right on the steering column.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: It's a 1994 GMC Jimmy S15 4 door Automatic Trans.*****
JA: Are you fixing your Jimmy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't do anything. One of my sons will do what ever needs done. Both have been doing it for years. I'm a handicapped senior
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

when it does this a jump start and its fine again ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The 1st time it happened about 5 months ago was on the old battery & it started up right up next time I went to use it. I was giving a little gas just as I turned it off. Won't know until tomorrow. Wanted to know what might be causing it. Use nothing to draw on the battery. If I need to take it to a shop, don't want to have them just tell me any old thing is wrong.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

are you sure the battery cab;es are both clean and tight ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No call.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

are you sure the battery cables are both clean and tight ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this going to cost more than the $5.00?
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Im David, you pledged to pay 33.60 for an answer that you are satisfied with. Are you aware of that?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I wasn't aware it'd cost $33.60. What was the deal would cost $5.00 for a question?????

I can only ask that you contact customer service so that they can explain.