GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

Sunroof is stuck in tilted position, 03 Yukon Denali, i

Customer Question
sunroof is stuck in tilted...
sunroof is stuck in tilted position
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 03 Yukon Denali
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would like to do it muself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GMC
5/11/2017
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can hear it trying to move but it is not moving at all then this can indicate a fault with debris jammed in the track needing located and cleaned out or a fault with the track itself being damaged and it may need replaced.If there is no noise at all when trying to operate the sun roof let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

The sunroof did not want to open so I tried pushing the button and it tilted open. Now it's stuck tilted. No response at all

Does your switch pull down to take it out of tilt or push forward to take it out of tilt and if so is this when you hear no noises?

I push to open, close and hear no noise at all, nothing happens

In your under hood fuse panel check the 25 amp sun roof fuse and make sure it is o.k.If it is blown replace it and see if the roof then operates properly.If this fuse is good then the fault codes need checked using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with the BCM ( body control module computer) as this computer is tied into the operation of this sun roof and a code will be set related to this fault to help pinpoint the issue.

I have seen where the sun roof motor can fail suddenly causing this fault here in some cases.I have also seen where the BCM can set a code and disable the sun roof and all that is needed is to use a compatible scan tool to clear out the codes.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, GMC Mechanic