Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali XL and the "Service Ride

Customer Question

I have a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali XL and the "Service Ride Control" comes on the display. Any ideas as to the problem?
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Some years ago, I had the compressor replaced as it stopped working, but I am wondering if this could be related to the shocks.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Traction Active comes on a lot lately, but after reading all the content as to why that happens, I believe I have the answers to that one, but that it is, thanks.
Category: GMC
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, the only way to tell why that message is on is to have a tech 2 scan tool communicate with the esc module to determine the fault codes within the syste, it could be the esc module itself, it could be a can bus it not communicating with the BCM.

just checking in to see how its going