FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician
1627031

I have an 2003 GMC 2500 HD SC with 6.0 gas and automatic

Customer Question

Hello, my name is John. I have an 2003 GMC 2500 HD SC with 6.0 gas and automatic transmission. Almost all gauges stopped working, ABS light on, engine light on. Starts and runs with rough erratic idle and hesitation from a stop. Runs good at 60 and up. Has 128,000 miles only. Thanks.
Category: GMC
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if all of these issues started at different times?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sir gauges and electrical first then engine and rest of things my dad gave it to me in 2012 as he doesn't drive much. it was used minimal by him . it sat a lot
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am really looking for many possible causes and remedies this truck is just a tinker project

Thank you. The gauges are a common failure on this vehicle. This is caused by a failure in the stepper motors in the gauge cluster. The cluster would need to be rebuilt. As for the check engine light and the ABS lights the computers would need to be scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores can scan the computer for codes for free and give them to you. If you can bring me the codes it may shed some light on what is going on. It may be a vacuum leak in the intake manifold gasket.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
all points to same causes I know all the likely causes but want to hear something that never was a consideration is outside the norm and has worked its way to the engine Thanks for the info john b