GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

It's single digits outside and I started my 2008 GMC Sierra

Customer Question
It's single digits outside and...
It's single digits outside and I started my 2008 GMC Sierra and the instrument panel did not work. The ABS light was on and air bag light. I drove it home
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: I had my seatbelt on if that counts
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As of now nothing if it's simple I can fix it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just all gauges were flat and didn't register my miles driven.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
1/7/2017
GMC Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or here your vehicle so I rely on your input so I can help you better. I read your notes to what is happening . The reson your ABS light is on is because the ECU has detected a fault code so it will shut that circuit down.Most likely the problem is in the SRS system, if the air bag light is on. What you need to do first is to have a code reader pull any trouble codes so we can continue with our diagnoses.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician