Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Tail gate won't open dic says tailgate see manuel. Gmc 2004

tail gate won't open dic says tailgate see manuel
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: gmc 2004 envoy xuv
JA: Are you fixing your Envoy XUV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes new handle switches and tried to calibrate window but it does not calibrate
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i calibrated window and every thing worked for a few days then quit working

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Do you know how to remove the liftgate trim panel so we can get inside to do some tests?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Super,

Here are the diagrams. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/XUV.pdf

Can you verify both midgate actuators are getting ground on the black wire and power on the orange wires when commanded to open?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris