Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I have a 2009 GMC Siera 1500 with a 5.3, I changed the oil

Customer Question

I have a 2009 GMC Siera 1500 with a 5.3, I changed the oil sensor do to my oil pressure had dropped to 0. The problem I am having is connecting the electrical connector to the top of the new oil sending unit. It indexes together but will not snap together.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

so there are a few possible causes. 1) the snap on the wire connection broke. you can try snapping it on the old sensor and if it snaps on then this isn't the problem. 2) on the new sensor, the tab that locks into the snap on the wire terminal is positioned slightly to low. I have seen this on aftermarket sensors. You can either press a little harder and see it it will snap down or you will have to replace the sensor again. :-/ 3) the rubber sealer in the connector is positioned wrong or messed up not allowing you to press it down far enough. look at it and see if it is pressed all the way up in the wire connector properly. Let me know if you have any questions.

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.

Thanks

Sonny

Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leave a positive rating for me?

But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks

Sonny

Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need or want help with this?
Please let me know.