GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

06 cobalt stalls and runs rough cold. The light is on on

Customer Question
06 cobalt stalls and runs...
06 cobalt stalls and runs rough cold
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: yes the light is on on P0171 and P03000 trying to accerate
JA: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: changed coil pack plugs module and MAF cleaned throttle body no change
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
11/27/2016
GMC Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, so you are running lean with variable misfires from all cylinders. This can all be related to a bad coolant temp sensor that is out of calibration causing your engine to run lean. It's best to test t6he senor first before looking for internal vacuum leaks with a smoke machine.

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
computer senor i guess.

It's possible, the testing will confirm it for you.

Thanks again and please remember that I do not get credit for helping you until you rate me and I can still help you afterwards too.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Really that's what I get is a guess

Seriously, you want a definite answer when testing the system is required?

Only an idiot would throw parts at problem without doing the diagnostics.

I gave you valid information and this is a pay site. We deserve to be compensated for our time.

Thanks, Ron

I'm more than wiling and happy to walk you through the testing procedures if you have a lab scope and a scan tool. Let me know. We can make guesses all day long and spend money needlessly, let's do it the right way:)

Thanks again, Ron

until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Saying that someone is an idiot. And expecting someone to have that type of equipment at home makes you the idiot. If I had that equipment at home I would have never contacted you

I never said you were, I was saying that I was NOT and will not change out good parts.

The equipment is there for a reason, there's no magic here, sorry.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are talking about a piece of equipment that the normal person don't have
But I did tell you the truth about what needed to be done.
You're shooting the messenger and that's just not fair.
I am sorry that not every persons problem has an immediate remedy, but I can't control that.
Thanks again, and please be fair with me.
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor