Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Bought at auction a nice 01 GMC YuKon SLE XL Has no activity

Customer Question

Hello, Bought at auction a nice 01 GMC YuKon SLE XL Has no activity from any of the Dash indicators and The Chime goes on when gear! HOW do I Kill that chime sound and How do I reactive the Dash indicators spend not a lot of cash???
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WHAT other info do you need?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I get into the vehicle and start it and put on seat belts, place in drive and start moving the chime starts and doesn't stop till I come to stop and starts again when moving!

Welcome back,

While chiming only while moving that is likely the parking brake partially set or the parking brake switch not working right.

No instrument cluster indicators working is going to mean the instrument cluster is faulty. The warning lights get inputs from many places so each input can not be bad.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris