GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I am working on a 1997 GMC suburban. I just replaced the

Customer Question
fuel pressure regulator and it...
I am working on a 1997 GMC suburban. I just replaced the fuel pressure regulator and it was running great. I filled the tank and now it keeps stalling or cuts out when I am driving it. I am wondering if it could be the gas or the ethanol in the gas. I checked the fuel pressure and it was right at 50psi. It even stalled briefly when it was idling but the pressure didn't change on the gauge.
Frustrated,
Derek
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/25/2016
GMC Mechanic: david craig, Owner/[email protected] 3D Atuomotive replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, Owner/[email protected] 3D Atuomotive

Hi Im David. what was the reason for replacing the fpr in the first place if i may ask?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is a good question I measured the pressure at 40 PSI and so I went to replace the fuel pump and found that the fuel hose from the fuel pump to the metal line had ruptured in the fuel tank I replaced the fuel that fuel line and check the fuel pressure and now it was a hundred PSI at that point I change the fuel pressure regulator which brought the fuel pressure back down to 50 psi

was it running rough and thats what led you to replace it ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was having difficulty starting

so its starting ok now? but cutting out at times?

you're going to need to monitor the engine while driving and capture the data with freeze frame when the fault occurs. otherwise we're just guessing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I will give that a shot.
Thanks

you bet

any update?

hello????????

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put a couple bottles of heat in it and for a couple days the effects where mostly gone, now the effects have started coming back.

did you monitor the engine while driving? with a problem like this, its pretty much the only way we are going to be able to see what is happening to everything when it occurs

do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am working on some other projects for the time being, Thanks for your help.
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic