GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

My hazard lights won't shut off. The hazard or four way.

Customer Question
My hazard lights won't shut...
My hazard lights won't shut off.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The hazard or four way. They have been flashing since I took my dog to the park. That's about an hour.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: It's a 2012 GMC terrain.
JA: Are you fixing your Terrain yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried shutting the car off. I ask people at auto zone and they said to hold the button before and after I tried to start it. Nothing. They also said to disconnect the battery. I really don't want to try that at my house.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That's it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
10/22/2016
GMC Mechanic: david craig, Owner/[email protected] 3D Atuomotive replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, Owner/[email protected] 3D Atuomotive

Hi Im David. let me see if theres a fuse you can pull. allow me a minute. thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Thanks.

try pulling the RAP relay in the engine compartment fuse box.

if that doesnt do it. its ok to disconnect the negative battery terminal. then reconnect it and see if they quit blinking.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where would that RAP be located?

let me get you a diagram

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm having trouble finding the box.

if you cant find it. disconnect the battery.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I found it. But everything has a number.

#42

i dont understand your hesitance to just disconnect the battery.......

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You're going to think I'm stupid but there is no number 42 that's plain and I don't see where to disconnect the battery.

i dont think you're stupid. please do not say that about yourself. i will send you that information

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. But I'm getting very frustrated.

in the engine compartment, you have to remove the plastic cover that covers the computer. but there should be an external post to disconnect the cable.

it is under the ECM in the engine compartment on the drivers side. It the black plastic thing beside the relay/fuse box. you have to remove the ECM to access the battery.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't see how to get the cover off.

i believe it just has clips you press in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If it's the same cover where the fuses are I got it. That's the only thing I see that I can push in.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long before my battery goes if I don't get this soon.
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic