GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I have codes c0710, c0201, c0292 and u1826 on 2011 gmc

I have codes c0710...
I have codes c0710 , c0201 , c0292 and u1826 on 2011 gmc sierra 2500hd with 6.6 duramax. Service traction control and service stabiltrak are on display with traction control light, abs light,and brake light light lit up on dash. Where should I be looking? Thanks Rod.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes I checked fuses.
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra 2500HD yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced both rear abs sensors cleaned plug at ebcm with electrical contact cleaner, lightrush and dielectric grease. Same with steering angle sensor plug.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
10/18/2016
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I work in cell challenged area and don't have really good internet capabilities until I get home on weekend, I did put it on a Snap-On scan courtesy of the company I work for and there were 5 codes that came up. C0710-17 steering wheel angle signal signal shape/ wave form failure, c0292-07 multi-axis acceleration sensor module circuit- high voltage,c0292-02 multi-axis acceleration sensor module circuit-short to ground,c0201-04 antilock braking system enable relay primary circuit-open,and finally u1826-00 lost communication with multi-axis acceleration sensor module. The scanner offered some sort of trouble shooting for 3 of the codes and they seem to point to the ebcm. The 1 code U1826 did not offer any info as I think they haven't upgraded the software. the only other alternative is to go through wiring harness and look for chafed wiring. Rod

0710 normally mean the steering angle sensor is bad. I would start there prior to addressing the other codes this they do have a relation to the code, part and failure.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician