Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I change filter and I'm not getting fuel to my injectors,

Customer Question

i change filter and I'm not getting fuel to my injectors
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: its deasel it starts normal I mean turns over fine the problem I'm have is I changed filter now cant get fuel threw my injection pump to injectors
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 92 6.2
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: purging air from the tank front cracked all the line I have fuel coming out the return on the pump but no fuel going to injectors
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope that's all
Category: GMC
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 12 months ago.

Hi im Reggie thanks for using JustAnswer. Put my years of experience and training to work for you

good morning and thanks for the question. when you changed that filter did you fill the new one up with fuel before installing

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm getting fuel out the return line on ihection pump but not to the injectors

have you tried cracking the line at the injectors while starting

something else i do alot is i will take a rag and soak it in gas put it over the inlet to the air box hold it steady while someone cranks the engine it will start and run off the gas rag and hopefully bleed your air out

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok yea like I said I have fuel out the return line on injection pump just not getting it to my injectors I'm going to try the rag I even tried wd40 it's the old 6.2 no turbo

i guarantee you the gas rag will crank it if you hold it it will run for a bit keep doing that it will bleed out. You are sure you have the correct fuel filter and of a good quality installed

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
we did the rag about four time now nothing yet sides cloud of smoke after it start

good morning i am sorry that we havent got it going give me a min to review this system again

Have you checked the operation of the fuel shut off solenoid on top of the pump