GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

Lights won't go off when I cut the car off so I disconnected

Customer Question
the battery cable and when...
Lights won't go off when I cut the car off so I disconnected the battery cable and when I connected it back car would not start
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Head lights
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 2004 Envoy
JA: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything yet just disconnected cable from battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just trying to find out what is wrong .....it started last night while I was driving lights flashed do I thought they were blown but when I got out they were still on but would not go off when truck was cut off and key was taking out if ignition but prior to that whenever I would turn on the high beams the lights would go out completely
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
9/13/2016
GMC Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop owner, tech replied 1 year ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop owner, tech

Lets start with getting it up and running. You have to do a 30 minute relearn on the security system to get it to start again. Here are the steps to get it running again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got car statred now how do i het lights to go off

What lights are staying on? Are any of them flashing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Head lights wont cut off even after car is cut off
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None are flashing

Are the head lights the only lights staying on? Are the parking lights on as well?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I fixed the probelm ...no need to respond ..Thanks

Would you mind telling me what you found wrong?

KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop owner, tech