GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I can't remove the key from the ignition lock in my 1993 GMC

Customer Question
,(Blazer)- thanks...
I can't remove the key from the ignition lock in my 1993 GMC ,(Blazer)- thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
9/13/2016
GMC Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, you dont say if the key turns back to the off position or not.

First, make sure it is all the way in park

If it doesnt turn, use a hammer and GENTLY tap around the lock cylinder as you turn the key

If it is in the off position, use a hammer and GENTLY tap around the lock cylinder as you pull the key out.

The problem is likely sticking tumblers and this works like a charm to resolve this.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager