GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

Traction control and ABS light are on, just ABS, 2005 Yukon

Customer Question
traction control and ABS light...
traction control and ABS light are on
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just ABS
JA: What is the model/year of your GMC?
Customer: 2005 Yukon XL
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it is easy. I am fairly handy
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I just had the brake pads replaced on all 4 tires and filled up the brake fluid reservoir hoping that would do the trick but no dice.....I did need brake pads anyway
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
8/28/2016
GMC Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

You need a scan tool with abs capability to scan the abs module for codes. This is the first step.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

ASE Master Technician

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks

Dan, ASE Master Technician