GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

My o6 gmc canyon is cutting off when slowing down or making

Customer Question
a turn. have replaced cam...
my o6 gmc canyon is cutting off when slowing down or making a turn. have replaced cam sensor and crankshaft sensor, new plugs and cleaned k&n filter.
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: yes
JA: What year is your Canyon?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I have replaced the plugs, have cleaned the k&n filter, have also replaced the cam sensor and the crankshaft sensor.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not at this point, not sure
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
8/24/2016
GMC Mechanic: Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have any test equipment? It is best to determine what is happening when it quits, I Would suggest a fuel pressure gauge, a spark tester and an injector noid light.

Can you confirm that you do or do not have a lock on the dash when you turn the key on?

DO you have any test equipment? I would suggest a fuel pressure gauge, Spark tester and injector noid light.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you havent left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.

Toolhut
Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician