Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GMC Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I've been told I need a new suspension module for my 2001

Customer Question

I've been told I need a new suspension module for my 2001 Yukon, ans I'm trying to find where it is located on the truck. We need to go to the junkyard to get one.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: It was horrible, but I had the front shocks replaced, and the compressor replaced. It's better, but my "Service Ride Control" message won't shut off. I still need to replace the rear shocks.
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We just want to replace the module ourselves. I actually had a conversion kit placed last week, but that didn't work. it's been one giant disaster after another since then. I wasn't planning on spending thousands of dollars on it. It has 267,000 miles on it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. THanks.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Give me a minute to load in your vehicle and grab some info.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

The Suspenmsion Control Module is located inside the passenger's rear of vehicle to the right of the wheel well. For an image location view, click here: http://goo.gl/FtByUU

Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question. Please rate or accept!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you find the suspension module? Were there any other question you had? Any other info I can provide to better assist? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

..