Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

2006 GMC Denali Yukon XL. Recently has been displaying

Customer Question

2006 GMC Denali Yukon XL. Recently has been displaying "Traction Active' with slight delay on ability to push on the gas pedal. Happens once in a while while driving, but is seeming to happen every time now at least once while driving. Heard is could be a bad sensor on the wheel but wasn't sure if it was a factory recall at this point.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It is not a recall.

The first step to diagnosing this problem is getting the codes scanned for the traction control. Since you have a light on the dash there will for surely be a code in there. We need this code to go any farther with this problem, yes, it could be a wheel speed sensor. Without codes we have no idea which one.

You will need a shop scan tool as well, a simple code reader will not work in this case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. We thought that might be the case. We will have it scanned. Thank you.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know what you find.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

ASE Master Technician