Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

My 2005 GMC Yukon gets a service stability message. I can

Customer Question

My 2005 GMC Yukon gets a service stability message. I can push the button and it goes away and stays away until I turn the car off and on again. My mechanic in my former state tried resetting it and other things, but it won't stay off. I've looked it up online and see that it is a common problem for this year and make of car, but don't see a "real" solution.
Category: GMC
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 11 months ago.

have you scanned for codes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
several times.

and what codes are present?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is an ongoing problem I've worked on for over a year. My mechanic would scan the codes and do whatever was recommended and reset it. We did this several times, but the problem returns. As I said, I looked up this problem online and it is common with owners of this vehicle and we've all been to the dealer and mechanics trying to solve it and all have gotten tired of throwing money at it for no results. I thought I'd try this. Is someone there familiar with this problem?

and what codes are present? i have never had one i could not fix.... the code and what he repaired would be helpful..id he installing factory parts? is he a good mechanic? does he run a reputable shop?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
factory parts. Yes, good mechanic. Yes, reputable shop. This is my first time using this resource. I thought I would find someone familiar with this issue. It appears you are not.

i am familiar but if you do not give me codes its difficult...every trouble code is repairable....are you getting the same code over and over? if so what is the code? or is it a different code every time?

the diagnostic codes and what he has replaced or repaired would be helpful in the processs...as you may know the stabilitrack light can kick on for 100 different issues..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't have the codes. So I guess we're done.

can you get them? how long does the light stay off after repairs? what has been changed? any other warning lights?.. has it been the same failure over and over?