GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers
Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..
First we need to know if there is Freon in the system. Do you have any A/C gauges?
when ac stopped working it was blowing cold air. a month before it quit, it sounded like it was rattling and ac would stop blowing if van was under load or going uphill.
i do not have gauges.
Does the A/C blow cold out the vents at an idle?
as i said above, ac is NOT working so it is not blowing anything.
when it was working, it DID blow cold air.
OK. I thought the A/C was not working but the A/C system may still be OK just the blower motor not working?
1. ac and fan were working fine. blowing cold.
2. ac stopped working so i pulled dog house .
3. turn on ac and compressor does not engage clutch on ac. without clutch engaging compressor, it will not work.
4. how do i fix it so compressor will work when activated.
5. i am concerned about clutch/compressor more than fan.
You will need some A/C gauges at this point. I am going to opt out now. Thank You