GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

2008 YUKON DENALI. My wife was driving it last weekend and

Customer Question
her left turn signal failed...
2008 YUKON DENALI. My wife was driving it last weekend and her left turn signal failed to power off even as the lever disengaged as she straightened the wheel. She found that she had to engage the right turn signal in order for the left to turn off. Also, the windshield wiper and fluid spray would come on as she did this. When she got home, I was able to replicate the problem. Now the vehicle won't start. Turning the switch does not send 12 volts to the starter solenoid. There is 12 volts supplied to the starter solenoid from the battery, but no power is supplied from the switch to engage the solenoid. I tried replacing the turn signal lever/switch, but it did not fix the problem.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: I did check several fuses that were all fine, but I don't remember which ones. But would a blown wiper fuse cause a no start condition?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am. I replaced turn signal/wiper lever switch
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
7/12/2016
GMC Mechanic: Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does the security light stay on or flash?

will it send power to the solenoid with the gear shift in neutral?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am away from the vehicle right now, but I do know that there is no power sent to solenoid with shifter in neutral

ok

when will you be at the truck?

i would like for you to look at a few things

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll be there late this afternoon

ok,,when you are there,,just reply back here..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, I'm back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I'm back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tim, what would you like for me to try?

HI

tell me,does the security light stay on with the key on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If that's the car with a lock through it, then yes. Also message center says service theft deterrent system and service battery charging system

ok..

try to unlock the doors with your remote..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the remote works
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also the turn signal still blinks left unless you push it for right turn. Then it is off
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Development. I was attempting to start the vehicle with the spare key as my wife had the other primary key. Apparently that key will not start it. I now have the primary key and it starts fine. However, i still have the blinker problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the security light does not stay on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you here?

hi

sorry i missed you.

so,the light still blinks with the new signal switch?

please stand by,i will opt out,maybe one of the other guys has a better idea of what is going on.

someone will be right with you

thanks

GMC Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Different expert here.

From your description of symptoms, it sounds like the turn signal switch is doing its job, which leaves the Cancel Cam or its position plate as the most probable cause of the issue. Please refer to the attached instructions for replacement.

Best Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have the instructions for removing the steering wheel/inflatable restraint?

Coming up shortly...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, the turn signal lever clicks off automatically as it should when actuated upon turning the wheel

Check the position plate as it might have moved and is now causing the circuit not to open.

I've attached graphic and procedure for the removal of the inflatable restraint as per your request.

Best Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, when will you be available tomorrow should i have more questions?

I'm usually available to answer questions weekdays from 2 to 8 PM AST (I'm in the Caribbean).

Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer