Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

I have a 2003 Yukon Dinali that I damaged the radio in. I

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Yukon Dinali that I damaged the radio in. I picked up a radio out of a 2004 Tahoe. The new radio was locked and the part number on the new radio is 10357886. I've tried the two and three button to get the three digit code and it shows nothing. I've tried pressing the one and four for 10 seconds and it shows nothing can you please help me with my radio please.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

this radio i am sorry to say since it came out of another truck will not work until that radio is programmed with a scan tool to the trucks VIN number

any shop or anyone with a programming scan tool can do this for you

in a nut shell it is locked because the VIN number programmed into the radio does not match the trucks VIN number

once that new radio is programmed to the trucks VIN number it will work fine

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to pay $32 for you 10 one I need to take it in to a dealer with the scandal? I feel like I've been violated . That's her was to the point. Quick response. But I am I satisfied no
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

i am sorry this is not the answer you wanted

but it is correct and the truth

i dont understand why you would punish me for the correct information..i did not design this vehicle

no it MUST be programmed for it to work in this truck its not 10 to 1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Take my money! But know I'll never use this sight again. If you can't help some one. You should not get paid for it. You didn't tell me anything I didn't not already know!
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

so if you knew this why did you ask the question " how to unlock my radio " ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I looked up some things on the net that said you could reprogram it your self. Wanted to check with a expert! But you did not provide me anything dude! FUVKIN CHARGE ME! Very unsatfited! CUSTOMER! If you provide a fix for some one ( you should get paid) for sure!!! But when you don't help at all! That shit should be free. Coming from a small business owner!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gary's just trying to push off a unhappy customer! I'm DONE HERE!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will never use this website again Gary did not help me in anyway and took $32 for nothing !!!! FUVKIN BULLSHIT!