Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I HAVE A 2006 ENVOY DENALI WHEN IT WAS RUNNING YOU DRIVE IT

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2006 ENVOY DENALI WHEN IT WAS RUNNING YOU DRIVE IT DOWN THE ROAD, ALL AT ONCE THE VEHICLE STOP RUNNING. THE ANTI-LOCK RIGHT BRAKE START GRABBING ,NO POWER FINELY THE ENGINE QUIT, AND WON'T START AGAIN. IT WILL TURN OVER. I CHANGE THE SWITCH. THE Y/B WIRE TO THE TRANSMISSION INTERLOCK SOLENOID, VOLTAGE IS 12V. THAT SEEM A LITTLE HIGH SINCE IT GET HOT THAT IT WILL BURN YOU TO THE TOUCH. IT BEEN TO A GM DEALER. THEY COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long is ASAP?

I have sent you a reply back on the 1st of July , but looking at your post now , it looks you like you only got my greeting , I m sorry about that

unfortunately I m off today , but I will opt out for another expert so you can get help today.

sorry for your wait again .

Chad

Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

so,,you are saying that it will start and run well,,but will just die without warning,,right?

then it will start back up after it cools?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok first thing. first, I clear all the code out of the OBD, 1 CODE IS LEFT ON P2534 PUT IN NEW SWITCH . THE ENVOY WAS TAKEN TO A DEALER THEY WAS THE ONE WHO SAID THE SWITCH WAS BAD. I HAD IT RUNNING BEFORE TRYING TO GET IT TO THE ONCE YOU START TO GO IT WILL RUN FOR A SHORT DISTANCE. THE FIRST THING THAT HAPPEN THE RT ABS BRAKE GRAB AND THE ABS LIGHT COME ON THEN THE POWER STARTED GETTING TO A POINT THAT THE VEHICLE FINELY QUIT. THE VEHICLE WAS TOW TO THE DEALER. THEY SAID IT WAS 4 IDEM THAT WAS BAD. THE SWITCH THE FUEL PUMP, THE SWITCH, AND FUEL SENSOR WAS BAD. THE VEHICLE WAS TOW BACK TO ME. T THE ONLY THING THE DEALER WAS RIGHT ON WAS THE FUEL SENSOR. EVERY THING ELSE i HAVE CHANCE THE FRONT WHEEL HUB SPEED SENS0R ECT SR AND THE CAR. WILL CR. WON'T START
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT IS THE VOLTAGE ON THE BLACK AND YELLOW WIRE, THAT RUN TO THE INTERLOCK TRANSMISSION SOLENOID.I 'M GETTING A READING OF 12 VOLT WHEN A DEALER CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT. WHEN I WAS A AG REPAIRMAN FOR GM I HAD ACCESS ALL THE MILLION WORTH OF EQUIPMENT, TO CHECKOUT THE WHOLE VEHICLE. BUT I RETIRE. SO I DON'T HAVE THAT ACCESS ANYMORE. SO I'M BACK TO SCAN TOOL AND A VOLT AND OHMMETERS. THE CAR IS MY NIECE'S SO I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT IT.