GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I have a 1 96 GMC Sonoma and i have a 02 chevy s10 and im

Customer Question
i have a 1 96 GMC...
i have a 1
96 GMC Sonoma and i have a 02 chevy s10 and im wondering if the dash will interchange
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
6/26/2016
GMC Mechanic: Kavey, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

No there are many differences here. Ive done this swap and let me tell you it isnt worth it. Lots of customizing and head scratching.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but i have eveything already could i ask what i may need if i can

A lot of time.

Transfer over everything but the shell from one to the other and then figure out a way to mount it. None of the bolt holes (or at least many of them) are not in the same spot so you have to either weld nuts to the cab where your bolts screw in or something to hold all the bolts. Or I guess you could use self tapping screws or something but I would worry about rattles and squeaks. Your wiring harness is all different. I believe there was something with the shifter. I cant remember for sure its been 5 or 6 years since I did it but I know I wouldnt do it again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wow man sorry i asked

Better to ask and know what youre getting in to than dive in head first with no plan to get out of it like I did.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
u seem like u are a mean kind of guy have a nice day

I dont understand. I havent been mean to you. I was just giving you the information you requested.

Kavey
Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner