Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

2005 trail blazer a/ c blows warm at stop lights /idle.

Customer Question

HI 2005 trail blazer a/ c blows warm at stop lights /idle. checked refrigaerant level it is good it has boiled over once . checked temp and codes with obd . temp was over 220 got codes of p.o480 [cooling fan control circuit malfunction] po 526 [loss of cooling fan speed] . and po 128 [insufficient ambient temp] fan clutch seems not to be working, you can stop it with fingers when it does spin after warmed up. it has some resistance when cold before start up. I have never got a roar out of fan clutch [ just bought it a month ago] I have changed out relay and checked for voltage at blower fuse . I have been probing fan wire connecter harness at radiator for voltages but that is a little over my head being I'm dealing with pcm thanks chris
Category: GMC
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** these the only codes you got?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is most likely a bad fan clutch, or the wiring to the fan clutch, there is a tsb about replacing the fan clutch harness with an improved design, have you checked the harness to the clutch and seen if there are any broken wires