Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a 3.6 liter engine 2011 GMC Acadia. The engine

Customer Question

I have a 3.6 liter engine for my 2011 GMC Acadia. The engine flutters at 40 to 50 mph depending on the rpm. It also wil occasionally surge 50 rpm for several repetitions. I have changed the spark plugs and coils with no change even though one plug was scorched on the ceramic and had oil on it when extracted
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes but I may take it to someone once I know the issue. I have been told it of BS of what the problem by mechanics I have taken it to
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Like I said I change the spark plugs and coils and had the transmission fluid replaced but I am certain this is not a transmission problem due to the rpm vacillating and the car shaking
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your GMC?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 1 year ago.

pull the plugs on your rear head again and see i the oil has returned, GM had a problem with porosity in the tubes on these heads but only on the right bank.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still was porous. These engines are side mounted, front and back not left or right. The cylinder in question his the middle front. Does your response still apply. So the head has to come off? How much will this cost to have done?

the front of the engine is still the front of the engine therefor right is rear. If it is on the left (front) head look for tracking down from the valve cover it may just be a valve cover gasket.