Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

My yukon denali has electrical trouble,the wipers don,t work

Customer Question

my yukon denali has electrical trouble,the wipers don,t work ,the power windows stopped working,the radio stopped working
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Did all of these issues occur at the same time here? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they did
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what year this model here is and engine size?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what more do you need
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I need to know what year and engine size is in this model here if you can post that info that will help. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1999 Yukon Denali 5.0L motor
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,thanks. Do you have a test light or multi meter for testing electrical at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,in your dash fuse panel locate the Wiper 25 amp fuse and remove it.Test the terminals that the fuse seated into for power with the key on.One terminal should have power.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready. Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You may have a faulty electronic ignition switch but we need to see if there is power here first. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete I do not have power to the wipers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what now
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
This indicates that the fault is with the electronic ignition switch needing replaced,not the key cylinder but the electrical switch.The cost for replacement can run around $200 in some cases.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.Thanks Pete