GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

2004 GMC Yukon no crank no start has light on car with lock

Customer Question
they it...
2004 GMC Yukon no crank no start has light on car with lock they it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
5/19/2016
GMC Mechanic: Dave Nova, GMC Technician replied 1 year ago
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, GMC Technician
Have you tried security relearn procedure?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I do that
1. Turn ignition on.2. Attempt to start the engine, and then release the key to the “ON” position.3. Observe the “SECURITY” indicator light. After 10 minutes the “SECURITY” indicator lightwill turn off.4. Turn ignition to the “OFF” position, and wait 10 seconds.5. Attempt to start the engine, and then release the key to the “ON” position.6. Observe the “SECURITY” indicator light. After 10 minutes the “SECURITY” indicator lightwill turn off.7. Turn ignition to the “OFF” position, and wait 10 seconds.8. Attempt to start the engine, and then release the key to the “ON” position.9. Observe the “SECURITY” indicator light. After 10 minutes the “SECURITY” indicator lightwill turn off.10. Turn ignition to the “OFF” position, and wait 10 seconds.11. Vehicle has now learned the new password. Start the engine.
Let me know if this works for you.Dave
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
K
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing
Does the starter not engage at all when the key is turned to the start position?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it won't do anything the light with the lock car is on with or without key
Open the underhood fuse panel and place your hand on the STARTER relay. Have someone else turn the key to Start position. Does the relay click when key is turned?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Starter relay does not click
Are all of the larger fuses in the underhood panel good? Do you have access to a test light or voltmeter?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have both and yes all fuses are good
Test voltage at CRANK fuse in the underhood fuse panel with the key in the Start position.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Battery voltage
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has code b2961
That is a security system related code. When doing the relearn, did the security light turn off at the end of each 10 minute period?
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic