GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

Yukon 2006 no response to unlock with any remote and key will

Customer Question
not turn in drivers door...
yukon 2006 no response to unlock with any remote and key will not turn in drivers door. Is battery dead . how do I get in
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: went to open door with remote lock and nothing happened after sitting in driveway overnight. have three key remote, and none work. key in drivers door will not rotate either direction if that manually opens door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hope is always good
JA: Is there anything else the GMC Mechanic should be aware of about your GMC?
Customer: nothing out of ordinary. have never had any problems let alone of thie kind
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
5/12/2016
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. From what you have described here since none of the remotes will unlock the doors electronically this sounds like the battery is dead or weak due to either a faulty battery,a drain on the battery from something being left on or plugged in to the cigar lighter to long or an issue with battery cables being loose or corroded.The key should work in the door cylinder even if the battery is dead or weak though and since it is not unlocking the doors manually I suspect the key cylinder or cylinder linkage is bound up.This can occur when the key is not used very often to unlock the door manually.You can try and spray a small amount of lubricant into the door lock cylinder and let sit a short period then try working the key in the cylinder to see if it then unlocks and opens but if this does not work and you cannot unlock from any other door or tail gate then a lock smith or AAA company would need to come out and use their tools to unlock the doors for you to gain access.Once this is done you may have to jump start the vehicle or re charge the battery to start the vehicle.I would then have the battery tested ( a local parts store will usually test it at no charge to you) to see if the battery needs replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2006 yukon does not have any other key lock other than drivers door. key will not turn although it has in the past.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there
I apologize for the delay and apologize I cannot take a phone call at this time myself. If the key has turned in the past before but is not now I suspect the key cylinder is binding or linkage from the cylinder to the door latch.You can try and spray a small amount of lubricant into the key cylinder and then see if it turns from there but if this does not work then unfortunately a lock smith or AAA company will have to come out and use their tools to unlock the door. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Pete, GMC Mechanic