Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GMC Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Code P0366 just showed after an emission test. I want to

Customer Question

Hi. Code P0366 just showed after an emission test. I want to fix it myself, and I understand that it means camshaft position sensor bank 1 is bad. Where the camshaft position sensors located?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GMC. The GMC Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2012 acadia sl front wheel drive. Nothing else is going on besides that code and the check engine light.
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. The dianostics code is P0366.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have bought the camshaft position sensors, just need a diagram of where they are located and perhaps instruction on how to replace them.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GMC Mechanic should know about your GMC?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
The P0366 is for "Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor Bank 1". This sensor is located on the passenger's side, rear of the engine. Make sure to inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires before replacement. Disconnect the electrical connector. Remove the mounting bolt. And then using a twist-and-pull motion, remove the sensor. Use a light coat of oil on the new camshaft sensor to aid in installation. For an image location view of the sensor, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v58ysw2wzb4rabx/cam-ex.jpg?dl=0If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!