Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

The spare tire won't lower JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

The spare tire won't lower
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GMC. The GMC Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The tool just spins
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We r on the side of the road trying to change it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GMC Mechanic should know about your GMC?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry your having this problemthese spare tire hoists are very common for doing this it needs to have the spare tire pried down on while loosening the hoist if it still will not lower i am sorry to say someone will have the cut the cable to get the spare tire downagain this is a very common issue with these spare tire hoists you can always get me back for FREE through this post even after you rate us hereif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer