GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

My engine fans stay on full time on my 2014 gmc 1500 JA:

Customer Question
My engine fans stay on...
My engine fans stay on full time on my 2014 gmc 1500
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Took my air filter box off yesterday to put new filter in took air sensor off put it all back togeTher and this morning start my truck and the fans came on right away and stayed on the whole way the work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I have no idea about this stuff at all
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/5/2016
GMC Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
mike switzer
sounds like your coolant temp sensor has gone bad. the temp sensor is what sends the signal to the computer to turn the fans on when the engine gets hot enough. if it goes bad it can cause the fans to stay on.
mike switzer
mike switzer
mike switzer