roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

Keys are locked inside and onstar will not open :

Customer Question

keys are locked inside and onstar will not open for me
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2013 GMC Acadia keys in ignition and no known spare key available
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes we were hoping to fix it ourselves. already tried putting wire though window. no luck. onstar says they wont open
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: pushing both driver and passenger door open slightly and putting coat hanger into push unlock button
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: onstar not willng to open doors
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist there is a door opening kit at a parts store that uses a bag to pull the top of the door away enough to allow the long wire rod to get inside and hit the power door lock button. you can either rent it or buy it for future use. it works very well and is not that expensive. Roy
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
please dont froget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy