GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

GMC Envoy: I have a 2003 Envoy and the a/c is not blowing out

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Envoy...
I have a 2003 Envoy and the a/c is not blowing out of the center vents. Acts like there is something stuck in there. Blows out everywhere but the vents on the dash. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
4/11/2016
GMC Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. You can get it to blow out on the floor and defrost?Will it blow out the dash vents on the outboard ends just not the center?Auto or manual climate control?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Blows everywhere except the two center vents and the ones on each side of the dashboard. And I can hear it trying to switch. Could there be something stuck that is preventing it from switching?
Thanks, ***** ***** or manual climate control?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Either way.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Was wondering if something could have gotten in the defroster vent and is causing it to be stuck.
Thanks so you have auto climate control. Below is this circuits diagram.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/acdiagrams.pdfNext we need to access the mode door actuator, remove it and move the door by hand to verify all modes can be achieved and air will blow from the dash vents. If so then the door is fine and its likely the actuator to blame. To test the actuator follow this link.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/modediag.pdfTo access the actuator follow the links below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/nmodeactuator.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/carrierRR.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician