GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I 2002 gmc sierra denali wont start cranks but wont start,

Customer Question
I 2002 gmc sierra denali...
I 2002 gmc sierra denali wont start cranks but wont start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: there is very little fuel pressure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
3/22/2016
GMC Mechanic: JFN1, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician

Fuel pressure spec is 55-62 psi. It sounds like you need a fuel pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I don't have a fuel gauge I just pressed the fuel pressure realse valve while some one tried to start it some was coming out but just dribbles. Now I have recently started having problems with rats getting under my hood from where I live and Evil 2 through a couple wires that I have sliced prior to this problem could the rats have done something to cause it to get less fuel pressure
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They have chewed through a couple of wires prior to this problem

No, rodents couldn't have chewed on anything that would REDUCE fuel pressure. If the pump is running, but you're simply not getting enough pressure, you need a pump.

You can borrow a fuel pressure gauge at no cost at place like Advance and Autozone.

JFN1
JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician