JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Technician
25345654

I' ***** ***** hAVE A P02E8 ON A 08 DURAMAX. lEAVING ON VAC

Customer Question

Hi, I' ***** ***** hAVE A P02E8 ON A 08 DURAMAX. lEAVING ON VAC TODAY, CAN THE TRUCK BE DRIVEN WITH THIS?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Had the truck laxer washed yesterday, no prior probs. Now have P02e8, p0405, P0678 codes Truck seems to run fine. )8 silverado, 88k miles.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GMC Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.

You can drive the truck with these codes present. The first one has to do with an intake air sensor for the DPF regeneration, the second one has to do with EGR, and the third has to do with a glow plug. Truck will start and run normally, you won't have any DPF regeneration while they are current, but that won't affect you driving the truck on vacation.

Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.

Did you get this worked out? Wanted to follow up and make sure you got what you needed from me.

Please remember to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.