GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I have a 96 GMC Yukon it won't crank unless I pour gas in

Customer Question
the throttle body and wen...
I have a 96 GMC Yukon it won't crank unless I pour gas in the throttle body and wen it cranks it runs good and wen I head down the highway it cut off and I have to put more gas in it to crank it back up and it be showing it have gas but won't crank but wen I go buy fuel and put in it crank but won't start unless u put duel in throttle and I just replaced spiders in it yesterday
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
3/13/2016
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a lack of fuel to the injectors.The most common cause for this is low pressure from the fuel pump itself or a restricted fuel filter.If you have not replaced the fuel filter recently this should be done first.If the fault is still present then the fuel pump pressure needs tested with a fuel pump pressure test gauge to see what the pressure reads when this occurs.I suspect the pump is weak needing replaced.If you need info on how to test this and pressure specifications let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, GMC Mechanic