GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

The heater in my gmc terrain only blows cold air even with…

Customer Question
The heater in my gmc...
The heater in my gmc terrain only blows cold air even with fan on high and temp on high, stopped working. After I briefly turned the a/c on and off . What can be wrong ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
3/4/2016
GMC Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. With the engine running at operating temp.
  2. The blower on high.
  3. The heat on hottest.
  4. Are both heater core hoses on the engine side of the firewall very hot near 160-190 degrees?
Sorry I do not know I will have to wait till my son in law can check for me

No problem.

Anything else I could try or check ?

There is nothing we can do until we know if the heater core is hot or not. An answer based on no diag being done will most likely result in useless information and an incorrect repair.

Do you think you could check the hoses if I explained it?

I cannot physically do it . Sorry.

When can the son in law do it?

anything else I could try or check
sil probably cannot help me until Saturday
son in law probably cannot help until saturday

Are you able to get under the dash to perform diagnostics?

What does this involve?
probably not. thank you anyway

Report back on Saturday and we can move forward on this concern.

ok thank you

Your welcome

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Why was I charged an additional $ 19.00 to the original $ 5.00 when I received no help as promised ?

You selected a question value of 24$ 19+5=24.

What do you mean you received no help. On the 3rd you said you would check back in on the 5th after your son did the diag steps I asked about.

You are charged the question value as soon as a tech responds.

Do you still need help?

I am highly dissatisfied with your "help" . I will not use your "service" again or recommend it to anyone else

Sorry you feel that way and were not able to check those things I mentioned.

If you change your mind I am still here and available.

You can contact the website if you have concerns about the way the fees work, I have nothing to do with that part being I am not an employee or affiliated with them.

You are not affiliated with the website ? I find that impossible to believe. It is now 11:15 pm . Please to not contact me again .

I have to respond last or I can help no others. Correct I am not affiliated with the site, I receive no compensation nor benefits from them. I work for the customers through the website.

Again sorry you found my attempt to help you worthless. Since I received no compensation from your deposit due to no rating you can use those funds to ask another question.

Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician