GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

Resetting the exhaust fluid light on a 2500 hd, we replaced…

Customer Question
Resetting the exhaust fluid...

Resetting the exhaust fluid light on a 2500 hd

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We replaced the reductant heater and float and the light for exhaust service is flashing and truck cant go over 55

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
2/27/2016
GMC Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Did you reset the computer after the repair? How much have you driven it since the repair?

We updated the Computer! We have commanded the Heaters on with a Tech 2. We have disconnected both Battery Cables and held them together!! Still has the Service Exhaust Fluis Message and won't Go over 55.

Can you see what the float and heater are reading from your Tech II? How much has it been driven since?

Shows 100% 5 miles

Sorry. What year is the truck?

2011 2500 HD with a 6.6 Diesal

Try driving it about 10-20 more miles if you can to see if it resets. If not then you need to double check that the system shows all three level sensors are active. If that is also fine the reductant sensors may have an issue.

We drove it 20 miles! And system has not Reset! We have verified all 3 level sensors are working!!

If all three level sensors are working and if the reductant sensors appear to be working then the module may be bad. Are the parts that you used from the dealer?