Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Automotive repair business.
7276279

I'm having issues with my 09 gmc 2500, i turn the key

Customer Question

I'm having issues with my 09 gmc 2500, i turn the key and all i get is a click i replaced the starter, but I still have the same issue.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When it clicks can you take your 12 volt test light and or volt meter and at the starter with a helper holding the key in the crank position measure the voltage at the starter on the red battery cable wire as well as the purple crank wire and tell me what the voltage is your getting?
I have enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for reference and testing. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/GMC%20crank%20Feb%2022.pdf