GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

I have a 2005 Envoy Denali I gradually lose oil pressure…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Envoy Denali I gradually lose oil pressure according to the gauge on a dash goes 40 and slowly drop almost 0 as I go it picks up and if I come to a standstill it drops down almost to zero where the check engine light come on. Took it to Autozone the code said it was the oil pressure sensor I replace the sensor and it did the same thing again don't know what the problem is. Vehicle seems to be running fine its not knocking im just too scared to drive with the pressure low. what else should I check?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The vehicle drives good I replace the oil pressure sensors 2 different times the gauge still fluctuate sometimes now and then drop down to almost zero when i come to a stop when i speed up it'll pick up more pressure .

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
2/16/2016
GMC Mechanic: roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer replied 2 years ago
roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

you need to check the pressure with a manual gauge to verify the readings are correct. you can rent one at a parts store. I would start here

Roy

how are you making out

how are you making out