GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

2004 Yukon denali xl.....Today my wife was driving and was…

Customer Question
2004 Yukon denali xl.....Today...

2004 Yukon denali xl.....Today my wife was driving and was in stop and go traffic due to a accident for about two hours. Well she then told me that at one point tc with a lock flashed across the dash board and engine light came on and then the truck shut down to a stop. She was then able to crank it back up and it drive ok (engine light still on) but when she arrived at work, I told her to turn off, pump brakes 4x's and crank back up. She said it did but was really hesitant. Which actually started first earlier this week, it starts but there's like a glitch (hesitant) when it does. The service ride sign is on as well as system stability sign as well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GMC. The GMC Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Me and my personal mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the GMC Mechanic should be aware of about your GMC?

No not really

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
2/11/2016
GMC Mechanic: SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern.

First you will need to scan the vehicle for any codes that may be stored in it. This will give us a starting point in the diagnosis.

please have them scanned and post any and all codes back here.

Ok can this be done later on today or tomorrow and I would still get you as the Tech?

yes, I will still be able to respond to you. Whenever you get the information, lease just post it right here on the thread and I will get notification and be able to respond

Ok sounds good and thanks sir.

your welcome. I hope we can get your issue resolved

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic